“Animate your inner hero”
DIGITAL DIRECTOR DIPLOMA IN 5 YEARS
(Master’s degree equivalent)
SPECIALIZATION 3D ANIMATION
3D ANIMATION COURSES
- Traditional 2D/3D Animation
- Facial, Body mechanics, and Lipsync Animation
- Character design
- Anatomy, Movement and Life Drawing
- Drawing & Concept Art
- Miming and Acting
- Modeling for Animation
- Rigging (characters, creatures and objects)
- FX : nCloth, hair & fur
GOALS OF THE 3D ANIMATION SPECIALIZATION
- Acquire sharp skills in 3D animation
- Master professional 3D animation work habits: supervising animation teams, post-production methodologies, production management, audiovisual law, business creation, cinematography knowledge, CGI professions, etc.
- Master all the software aligned with CG Animation: Maya, ZBrush, nCloth, Toon Boom, Storyboard Pro, Krita, Photoshop, Affinity Photo, etc.
The 3D Animation sector has a wide range of highly sought-after careers that need more qualified artists:
- CG animator
- Layout artist
- Setup artist
- Character designer
- Concept artist
- Artistic director, etc.
3RD YEAR / 3D ANIMATION SPECIALIZATION
- Improve animation techniques for characters, creatures and objects (body mechanics, lipsyncing, acting, etc.)
- Refine artistic and creative skills (film analysis, screenplay, film culture, artistic development, etc.)
- Working in a team to complete a production project
- BAC (or equivalent) + 2 years of higher education studies
- Present an artistic portfolio demonstrating solid CG Animation knowledge
- Participate in an individual interview and complete a written exam
4TH YEAR / 3D ANIMATION SPECIALIZATION
- Mastery of technical and artistic know-how
- Internship of 6 to 8 weeks in a professional environment: adaptation and becoming a valued member of the team
- Mastery of professional 3D animation software
- Creating a professional demo reel
- Management of a team and a project
- Creation of innovative projects
5TH YEAR / 3D ANIMATION SPECIALIZATION
This year is entirely devoted to the development of a graduation project and the transition into a professional environment.
During this year, students test their ability to supervise a team and projects in conditions identical to those within production studios.
Professionals intervene throughout the year to bring their expertise and share their experience. The 5th year ends with a graduation jury, which includes rapid job interviews. As a final graduation requirement, each student must complete a detailed report regarding his/her first postgraduate job or internship.
- Making a short animation or VFX film
- Confronting the realities of a production and developing additional professional experiences
- Making a formal presentation in front of a jury of professional artists (representatives of the largest French and international production studios)
- Participating in rapid job interviews and managing first job offers
- 1st YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + artistic portfolio + individual interview + written exam
- 2nd YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + 1 year of higher education courses (preferably in Fine Arts) + artistic portfolio + individual interview + written exam
- 3rd YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + 2 years of higher education courses + artistic portfolio demonstrating skills around the specialization you want to pursue + individual interview + written exam
Annual tuition & fees (2018/2019)
- 1st year : 6 900 €
- 2nd to 5th year : 7 900 € / year
Registration fees : 1st time (850 €) / renewal (350 €) / Additional costs to anticipate (Social Security, equipment and school supplies)
Beginning in their second year of studies, all students are required to have a personal computer.
- Online application period begins November 17th, 2018.
- Questions ? Click here !