“Becoming the Master
DIGITAL DIRECTOR DIPLOMA IN 5 YEARS
(Master’s degree equivalent)
VISUAL EFFECTS (VFX) SPECIALIZATION
- Image composition
- Matte painting
- Camera mapping
- Environment Development
- Color Grading
- FX : Houdini, ncloth, Hair & Fur, fluids, particles…
- Digital Filmmaking, Lighting
- Green Screen Filming
- Concept Art
- Stereography, photogrammetry
GOALS OF THE VISUAL EFFECTS SPECIALIZATION
- Acquire cutting-edge artistic and technical skills in CGI and VFX
- Master professional work habits (methodologies and VFX pipeline): supervising and directing a film, knowledge of the cinema and 3D professions, post-production methodologies, directing and monitoring a production, audiovisual law, management, business creation, etc.
- Mastering the software needed for this field: Nuke, Maya, Zbrush, nCloth, Houdini, RealFlow, Hair & Fur, etc.
The Visual Effects (VFX) sector has a wide range of highly sought-after careers that need more qualified artists:
- Compositing artist
- VFX supervisor,
- Tracking specialist
- Matte painter
- Color grader, etc.
3RD YEAR / VISUAL EFFECTS SPECIALIZATION
- Improve your skills in 3D computer graphics, digital image editing and compositing (Maya, Nuke, shooting, lighting & light …)
- Refine your artistic and creative skills (film analysis, screenplay, film culture, artistic development …)
- Working in a team to complete a production project
- BAC (or equivalent) + 2 years of higher education studies
- Present an artistic portfolio demonstrating solid CGI knowledge
- Participate in an individual interview and complete a written exam
4TH YEAR / VFX SPECIALIZATION
- Mastery of technical and artistic know-how
- Internship of 6 to 8 weeks in a professional environment: adaptation and becoming a valued member of the team
- Mastery of professional VFX software
- Creating a professional demo reel
- Management of a team and a project
- Creation of innovative projects
5TH YEAR / VFX SPECIALIZATION
This year is entirely devoted to the development of a graduation project and the transition into a professional environment.
During this year, students test their ability to supervise a team and projects in conditions identical to those within production studios.
Professionals intervene throughout the year to bring their expertise and share their experience. The 5th year ends with a graduation jury, which includes rapid job interviews. As a final graduation requirement, each student must complete a detailed report regarding his/her first postgraduate job or internship.
- Making a short VFX film
- Confronting the realities of a production and developing additional professional experiences
- Making a formal presentation in front of a jury of professional artists (representatives of the largest French and international production studios)
- Participating in rapid job interviews and managing first job offers
- 1st YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + artistic portfolio + individual interview + written exam
- 2nd YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + 1 year of higher education courses (preferably in Fine Arts) + artistic portfolio + individual interview + written exam
- 3rd YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + 2 years of higher education courses + artistic portfolio demonstrating skills around the specialization you want to pursue + individual interview + written exam
Annual tuition & fees (2018/2019)
- 1st year : 6 900 €
- 2nd to 5th year : 7 900 € / year
Registration fees : 1st time (850 €) / renewal (350 €) / Additional costs to anticipate (Social Security, equipment and school supplies)
Beginning in their second year of studies, all students are required to have a personal computer.
- Online application period begins November 17th, 2018.
- Questions ? Click here !