ARTFX: TRAINING CREATIVE ENTREPRENEURS OF TOMORROW
FUTURE-ORIENTED TRAINING TO MAXIMIZE THE DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR SKILLS!
PREPARING STUDENTS FOR THE MOST IN-DEMAND JOBS
Video Games are leading the world’s cultural industry ($115 billion in 2016) and are ranked 3rd in world’s 3D animation industry. ArtFX opens the doors to the most sought-after and dynamic sectors: 3D animation, visual effects, computer graphics, video games, VFX/Game programming, advertising, etc. Through ArtFX, you have access to highly sought after positions where qualified competition is rare!
Here are just a few of the positions you can obtain after ArtFX:
- 3D Animator
- VFX Supervisor
- CG Artist
- Artistic Director
- Director of Production
- 3D Lead
- Game Designer
- Game Artist
- Character Designer
- Level Designer
- Rigging Artist
- Matte Painter
- Environment Artist
- FX Artist
- VFX/Game Programmer
- Motion Designer
- Compositing Artist
- Gameplay Designer, etc.
GATEWAY TO AN INTERNATIONAL CAREER
- Courses prepare students for a successful transition to a professional working environment immediately following graduation: alumni receive their first job offer within an average of 20 days
- State-of-the-art education fully aligned with the job market thanks to ArtFx’s ties to professionals within the field.
- The graduation jury has become a must-attend event for recruiters from French and international studios of 3D animation, VFX and video games.
- A network of over 450 alumni working on the biggest productions in some of the largest studios around the world: Illumination Mac Guff, Double Negative, Framestore, Warner Bros, Industrial Light & Magic, Ubisoft, Mikros, MPC, Weta, The Mill, Mathematic, etc.
- Preparation for an international career thanks to courses in English:
* Many subjects are taught in English beginning in the first year.
* From the 2nd to the 5th year of studies, it is possible to enroll in the International Class where 100% of the subjects are taught in English.
Know-how and professional demeanor are at the heart of the school’s pedagogic program
HIGH QUALITY TRAINING APPROVED BY PROFESSIONALS
In July 2017, ArtFX was certified by SideFX software as an official Houdini trainer.
ArtFX is a benchmark for schools in France and abroad
- In France: ArtFX is one of the only schools training VFX/Game Programming and 3D animation at the heart of a VFX cinema environment
- Worldwide: Ranked 4th best VFX school & 8th best 3D Animation school
Master’s Degree programs recognized by the RNCP
- Digital Director Diploma: 5-year curriculum (Master’s Degree equivalent)
(specializations: 3D Animation, VFX, CGI)
- Video Games: 5-year curriculum (specializations: Game Art & Game Design)
- VFX/Game Programming: 2-year curriculum
Innovative pedagogy combining state-of-the-art techniques and traditional know-how
ArtFX offers an innovative pedagogical program. The courses are in the form of workshops, using the principle of the inverted classes to promote active learning and initiative throughout a project.
- Learning the most up-to-date techniques on advanced software.
- Developing fine art skills and building artistic culture (sculpting -3D modeling, drawing, photography, concept art, video game creation, etc.).
- Students are actively involved in the learning process. The objectives of the ArtFX program are based as much on know-how as on the personal development of each student: autonomy, maturity, professionalism, culture, artistic and technical abilities, creation, production, innovation, curiosity, and solidarity.
Mastering the latest software
Exclusive partnerships with software companies give us access the most advanced software and plugins: Houdini, Affinity Photo, Maya, Nuke, Unity, Unreal Engine 4, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Arnold, etc.
ONE SCHOOL, TWO CITIES: TWO CAMPUSES
The Digital Director cursus in ArtFX is very amazing. Students are very good!
Students have the perfect fit for the VFX films that we do. Every year ArtFX’s productions get better and better!
ArtFX is unique! The school incorporate both animation, film making and focus on visual effects! This a very interesting direction for studios like Dreamworks.
ArtFX is one of the rare schools able to make films with a full process control. I have never seen a school as involved as ArtFX in making movies. This is exactly what we are looking for!
ArtFX students are very qualified. They have a very good aptitude to adapt to the studios environment.
International private university