FINE ARTS FOUNDATION PROGRAM
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT IN FINE ARTS & PREPARATION FOR HIGHER EDUCTION ART PROGRAMS
ArtFX School, recognized for the quality of its teaching and standards, has opened a new curriculum for students who want to dedicate one year to developing solid art portfolios for their applications to art-centric higher education programs throughout France and abroad.
ArtFX’s 1-year Foundation in Fine Arts prepares students for access to various art-based higher education studies. It is a bridge between the end of secondary school and entry into the most recognized higher education art programs available (Schools of Fine Arts, National Schools of Art, Higher Education Schools of Applied Arts, etc.).
During this year, students will undergo intensive training that will provide them with the fundamentals to pursue higher artistic studies. The objectives of this year are to reveal hidden artistic talents, develop creativity, acquire effective work habits and develop a strong art portfolio.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THE ARTFX 1 YEAR FOUNDATION PROGRAM?
- The innovative pedagogy and learning methods at ArtFX have been recognized since its creation in 2004 (certified courses, professional teachers, advanced equipment, intensive hands-on workshops, etc.)
- Give yourself a leg up on competitive application processes thanks to our effective training methods.
- Benefit from supervision and personalized support throughout the year to help you achieve your goals and prepare for your artistic future with confidence.
- Prepare for International Programs and Careers: ArtFX’s 1-year Foundation Program is available in English.
- Benefit from studying at a school recognized for its excellence in training for nearly 400 young artists every year in the fields of visual effects, 3D animation and video games.
1-YEAR FOUNDATION PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
- Developing skills in Fine Arts: ArtFX’s 1yr Foundation Program allows students who have not had a formal artistic education to learn fine arts and build comprehensive cultural knowledge (history of art, drawing, painting, sculpting, photography, etc.) in preparation for applying to higher education programs in artistic fields.
- Intense preparation for competitions & personalized accompaniment: ArtFX’s 1yr Foundation Program allows you to develop effective work habits and artistic sensibilities necessary for higher education art programs.
- Coaching and assessment: Students are accompanied throughout the year by professional artists who will help them develop their self-confidence, their potential and their creativity sensibilities. This will help them mentally and artistically prepare for whatever application processes or competitions they want to pursue following this one year program. Each student’s progression will be measured through regular evaluations of his/her work.
WHERE CAN THE 1-YEAR FOUNDATION PROGRAM LEAD YOU?
ArtFX’s 1-year Foundation Program in Fine Arts allows students to obtain the artistic base required to pursue higher education studies in all artistic fields: graphic design, illustration, architecture, computer graphics, visual effects, visual communication, etc.
It prepares students for the competitive application process for the following schools:
- Écoles Nationales des Beaux-Arts : ENSBA de Paris, ESBA
- Écoles nationales supérieures d’art : ENSAD (Arts Déco), ENSCI (Les Ateliers), ENSATT (École nationale supérieure des arts et techniques du théâtre)…
- Écoles supérieures d’arts appliqués : ESAAT de Roubaix (École supérieure des arts appliqués et du textile), Boulle, Dusperré (ESAA), Estienne (ESAIG), Olivier de Serres (ENSAAMA), Lycée Alain Colas à Nevers, Lycée La Martinière Diderot à Lyon.
- Écoles nationales supérieures d’architecture (ENSA)
- BTS en arts appliqués, Bachelors artistiques…
- École de dessin Émile Cohl à Lyon
- École de l’image Gobelins à Paris
- Private Higher Education Schools of Fine Arts, Architecture, Design, etcAutres écoles privées supérieures d’arts appliqués, d’architecture, de design…
- Students can also choose to transfer into the 1st or 2nd year ArtFX’s 5-year Digital Director or Video Games program (Master’s Degree equivalent, RNCP Level I) depending on their art portfolio.
1-YEAR FOUNDATION PROGRAM
The 1-year Foundation Program is based on general art education, courses in art history and the intense practice of all fine art disciplines. Hands-on workshops are at the heart of the training program. Regular evaluations and continuous monitoring will be used to measure the technical and artistic progress of each student throughout this one-year program.
methods and analysis
Production of art portfolio
Mental and Oral Preparation
Results of Applications
and Competition Period
- Creativity Workshops
- Drawing / Staging
- Perspective Drawing
- Dessin d’espace
- Life Drawing
- Artistic Development
- History of Art
- Cultural Studies (arts, literature, philosophy of film, science courses, etc.)
- Writing workshops
- Public Speaking
- English Communication
- 3D Basics
- Conferences, museum visits, meetings with professional artists
- Art School Forums
- Exploration of Art School fields
STAGE 1 - FROM SEPTEMBER TO NOVEMBER
Exploration, learning and initiation phase. The first part of the year is based on multidisciplinary lessons. The student practices techniques through creative workshops to acquire the methods necessary for each artistic discipline. The student consistently works on developing creative skills. Drawing and general cultural studies also play important roles during this time.
During the first term, each student’s work is regularly evaluated. At the end of this first stage, the student’s progress, personal project and artistic orientation choices (art, graphic design, illustration, animation, architecture, etc.) are all assessed.
STAGE 2 - DECEMBER TO FEBRUARY
Once the student’s personal and artistic goals are set and well targeted, the student will begin to develop an art portfolio. By participating in intensive workshops around artistic production (sculpture, painting, video, photography, etc. ), the student will flesh out and refine the art portfolio. During this period, students will also be immersed in contemporary art culture: visiting exhibitions and museums, attending conferences, meeting with professional artists and creators, photographers and visual artists, etc.
In February, the art portfolio is finalized. During this period, the mental and oral preparation for competitive applications begin. Students make presentations in front of ArtFX’s teaching team as well as invited artists to practice explaining and defending their work. They also practice writing analysis of texts and images.
STAGE 3 - MARCH
STAGE 4 - AVRIL > MAI
After completing the rigorous application and competition period, students take stock of the objectives they set at the beginning of the year and analysis the results of their efforts.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE 1-YEAR FOUNDATION PROGRAM AT ARTFX?
Students do not need any prior art studies to apply. Anyone who has passed the BAC (or equivalent exam) is eligible.
Students who have obtained the BAC level (RNCP level IV).
Acceptance into the program will be based on each applicant’s motivation letter, individual interview and presentation of personal work
(concepts, writing, photos, music, etc. ).